Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you may request alternative formats by contacting the Department of Canadian Heritage.
See more pictures of the Canada Pavilion for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter GamesPhoto Gallery
Situated in Vancouver’s LiveCity Downtown celebration site, the Canada Pavilion will welcome visitors from all over Canada and the world during the 2010 Winter Games and offer them a truly Canadian experience through fun and interactive activities.
All Canadians and international guests are invited to visit the pavilion and discover our country’s excellence in sport!
The Canada Pavilion will play host to several events during the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games, from March 12 to 14 and March 18 to 21. Here are some of the main events:
• The Stanley Cup will be on display from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. on March 20 and 21.
• Demonstrations of wheelchair curling will be held outside the Pavilion on March 12 and 13 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
• Canadian Paralympic Athletes will share their inspirational stories and sign autographs from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m., starting March 13.
• Sumi, the mascot of the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games, will be on hand for 20-minute sessions in the afternoons.
• Ball hockey games will be organized outside the Canada Pavilion from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Check the Canada Pavilion Calendar of Events for more details on these activities.